For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6 (NKJV)
- From an anointed Howard University choir
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Karen Clark Sheard has a new Gospel release out this month: “Destined to Win“. The encouraging title song is powerful! I thought today would be a good day to reblog a post which features one of Karen’s classics: Balm in Gilead.
- Video: Karen Clark Sheard – “Balm In Gilead” / Live with Donald Lawrence and the Tri-City Singers!
- Martin Luther King, Jr. – An uptempo Gospel rendition of a hymn that was one of King’s favorite – according to his wife, Coretta Scott King (Huffington Post piece by Adelle M. Banks).
This song, and “Precious Lord, Take My Hand”, helped him during the turbulent times he lived – until his assassination in 1968. He refers to Jeremiah 8 extensively in a sermon he gave at a Baptist Church in Chicago; check out King’s thoughts on Jeremiah 8:22 – in an excerpt from his Why Jesus Called A Man A Fool (August 27, 1967) sermon.
- Karen Clark Sheard – Having sung as a part of The Clark Sisters, her daughter, Kierra “KiKi” Sheard is a talented gospel singer too. This song, from Karen’s first solo studio album Finally…
View original post 116 more words
It’s March Madness time. For the Upcoming Holy Week: Christian Gladness? The NCAA events reminded me of this unique video . . . Gospel (Chanel) with a Marching Band! –> “If you believe it, You will receive it. Our God can do anything if you believe“ <– Yes He CAN! Have a Happy Palm Sunday tomorrow. As Jesus said to his Disciples Easter Sunday after he Rose again: “Peace be with you” Greg
“If you believe it,You will receive it.
Our God can do anything if you believe“.
- Chanel Performs “Believe” (Gospel) – with SCSU Marching 101 Band . . . South Carolina State Univ.
- God’s music in a way that’s hard not to love (smile)! Anointed and special.
Grace, mercy, and peace.
This is my season for grace for favor, this is my season, to reap what I have sown.
See, I haven’t been perfect, but I sure been faithful; See, God’s got a purpose, yes, and I know He’s able.
I’ve got a seed in the ground, that He’s blessing, no more stressing. I’ve got a seed in the ground, now I know Him, I can show Him . . .
- Everything is working together for my good. Everything is working (don’t feel good) together for my good . . . It’s good (it’s good), It’s good (it’s good), It’s good (it’s good), it’s working for my good!
William Murphy (Gospel singer)
- “It’s Working” (partial, annotated lyrics for the Gospel song provided above); from his God Chaser release (2013). One of my favorite recent Gospel songs!
- Romans 8:28 (Written by Paul in the New Testament)
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.
Greg Silverthorne, 66 Assurance Way
Do you know the Way? Will you go in Jesus Name? Isaiah 30:21 – Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” (NIV)
- “The name of the Lord is a strong tower. Just call on His name, you’ll have the victory. Consider your ways, acknowledge Him, and He’ll direct your path!” (Hezekiah Walker, “I Will Go in Jesus Name”).
- The kind of Gospel video that puts a smile on my (and God’s) face . . . and drives the Devil crazy! I love Hezekiah . . . early in my own Walk, this song helped make several SCRIPTURES come alive.
- KEEP going in Jesus Name! You WILL have the VICTORY.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths – Proverbs 3 (5-6)
Proverbs 18 (10)
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe.
Matthew 7 (7-8)
“Ask, and it will…
View original post 37 more words