When a Sermon lingers in my mind, I know the Lord is trying to tell me something. I felt compelled to share the Pastor’s Sermon on this blog on this Christmas Eve weekend. A fuller sense of the Sermon I described in Part 1 yesterday is provided in this post.
While focused on Joseph, the importance of believing as Christians was expressed as well by Dr. Coates in the Advent Sermon at his DC area church.
Mt. Ennon Baptist Church, Delman Coates Ph.D., Senior Pastor.
- Sermon theme: Standing on a Promise
- Scripture: Genesis 3:15 (God’s promise), Matthew 13:20.
Below are key points in that Sermon on December 10, 2017:
- “Joseph believed, Mary conceived (Immaculate Conception), and Jesus Christ achieved“.
- “Faith is an attitude”. Believers like Joseph had this attitude.
- “Don’t trust what you see, trust what God said”.
- Stand on God’s promises, not doubt. “If you hear God’s voice, know he’ll ‘pay the invoice’ “.
- God’s ways aren’t always our ways, so believe that ‘some how, some way’ he’ll deliver on his promise. Therefore, don’t worry about time. Trust he’ll make a way.
- The first promise of the Redeemer lies in Genesis 3:15.
- “I’m acting as if it is so, even though it ain’t so, in order for it to be so“.
Merry Christmas from 66 Assurance Way