So true! While we all would like to live a long life, and go ‘up yonder’ to enjoy eternal salvation, ask yourself this: What am I doing down here? This great MLK quote reminds me of many scriptures (about our purpose and God’s plan for us). It also reminds me of the following quote: “Do not lose hold of your dreams or aspirations. For if you do, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.” (Henry David Thoreau). Do more than simply exist, Live! Thanks for sharing Paul.
Bye and bye
Bye and bye
When I reach That home Beyond the sky
(Where the) Wicked will cease from troubling
(And the) Weary will be at rest
(Every day) Every day will be Sunday, Bye and bye
Georgia Mass Choir sings “Bye and Bye”.
- Led by Evangelist Punch Baldwin
- I Owe You The Praise release (2005)
- In Memory of three church members who have gone on . . . to Heaven in the past three months. None had reached the age of 70. All were truly extraordinary children of God!
- This gospel song, “Heaven” (BeBe and CeCe Winans), seemed a fitting tribute to:
- Deacon Cleo Sutton
- Sister Gloria Speas
- Sister Deb McLaurin
- My church’s loss is God’s gain! Rest in peace Deb, Gloria, and Cleo.
4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” 5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” 6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. (Revelation 21: 4-7 NIV)