Victory isn’t a straight Street. It can be a rough road at times. ONLY in Heaven will you experience the smooth life of straight, no-curve travel that some hope for – during their lives on this planet.
While the road, and things you encounter while travelling down it, may hinder your reaching your destination (in the way you wish), know one thing:
That you face all detours, ditches, and the like with someone by your side during the ride. His name is Jesus.
- If you became Saved based on a Heaven-on-Earth promise you were misled. Heaven only happens in Heaven. Afflictions and trials will come . . . but they won’t last or deter you from the plan God has for you. Only you. If you’re stuck in a ditch, or get lost while detouring, how can you ever fulfill that Plan he has for you?
- You will never walk alone if you’ve accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. Sorry AMEX, but my ultimate pledge is to not leave home without Christ, not your card. You have God by your side! While the President has the Secret Service, Christians have Jesus and the Lord’s angels. Like the 3 Hebrew boys who were throw into a fiery furnace (Daniel 3), you won’t suffer . . . because God is ‘in the oven’ (verses 24-25) with you. Often he doesn’t change the situation, He changes YOU in the situation. Why fear the Nebuchadnezzars in your life when you have the Lord?
No weapon formed against you shall prosper. You don’t even (in some situations) need ‘a smooth stone’. Why? Praise is your weapon!
Paul and Silas in that jail (Acts 16) weren’t crying and fretting, they were singing. We all know how that jail story in Acts ends.
- Singing, be it in a choir or not, can be a powerful expression of praise.
- Your church is a common Praise Place.
- The powerful video above inspired this post; a Greater Mount Calvary Baptist Church (in DC) choir doing a rendition of a classic gospel song written by Jonathan Nelson – “Praise Is My Weapon”.
So, praise him when blessed and praise him in advance. Along with Faith in God, your Praise -in whatever form- is a critical part of living the life of the godly. It doesn’t hurt to have your Armor on though. Where is your armor? Wear it and you will be prepared for the spiritual warfare you face.
Experience joy the world can’t take away. Praise Him, be steadfastly faithful, and wear the ‘full armor of God’. Walking with the Almighty has it’s privileges!