To say I discovered the true meaning of spiritual warfare in 2018 would be an understatement.
I am grateful, it’s important to say, that my triumphs served to dwarf my trials and tribulations! Every time I made a major step in my spiritual journey I was faced soon thereafter with a storm. To put this in proper context folks, when I (on God’s direction) was working to change churches, the Devil thought (falsely) that he could get me to honor him, not the Lord. Fat chance!
Just six days after I joined my current church (which I love) I had to go to Urgent Care. I had a strange pain in my lower back. I knew in February that I was on the battlefield for the Lord . . . whether I liked it or not. Smile. I foolishly assumed this medical storm that lasted into the Summer was my last battle. No such luck. Less than three weeks after joining the Mass Choir of my Winston-Salem Missionary Baptist Church (August) I took on some more ‘enemy fire’. I was unexpectedly fired from my job . . . just 11 days before Labor Day. Guess what? I had a comparable job (in pay) less than 3 business days after my last day of work! In a potentially fiery financial furnace God showed up and showed out. I had to smile, knowing my Real Boss hadn’t forsaken me.
My sub par health from February to mid-November (two different health storms btw) basically drained my energy to blog and express my spiritual thoughts. However, many blog ideas and rough drafts for posts were written down. They will bear fruit in the days and months ahead.
Many are the afflictions of the righteous,but the Lord delivers him out of them all. Affliction will slay the wicked, and those who hate the righteous will be condemned. Psalm 34:19, 21 ESV
Hold on / Mississippi Mass Choir
- The video above conveys well the essence of my year. BTW the lead singer for this choir was spotlighted in one of the top viewed posts this year. She’s Got the Anointing, They Got the Word: Mosie Burks; the video in this popular post is a true gem, highlighting a truly anointed singer.
- This Biblestudytools.com article, Spiritual Warfare: Understanding the Battle. , provides a good overview of this area of spiritual growth that many Christians, including myself this year, face. To state the obvious, it’s only an issue for those who are ‘on the battlefield for the Lord’. Are you marching in God’s army too?
- Look for 2019 to be much more fruitful and prolific than this year. Putting on ‘the full armor of God’ worked wonders in 2018.
- Look for a guest blogger in the new year. Early last Fall I, after meeting her in late September, realized that she had something really special that she could share on this blog. Stay tuned!
- To begin the new year on a strong note, I will be publishing a post, based on a Revival Sermon (Matthew 28:20, 8/29/18) I heard four months ago, in a few days.
To God be the Glory. I hope you have a happy and blessed New Year.
Peace be with you,