“Searching for truth is in many ways the same as searching for your soul . . . Soul is about authenticity. Soul is about finding the things in your life that are real and pure.
The things that are at your core.
The things you know you were put on this earth to do.
The moments when sound and silence come together.
Sometimes I find this on stage.
Sometimes there’s that perfect moment when the crowd, the music, the energy of the room come together in a way that brings me to tears”
~ John Legend, Singer/Songwriter, Commencement Speech (5/24/14)
- The ‘perfect moment’ for a singer (Gospel, Church choir, or Pop) may come while singing in front of an audience; Legend, by the way, started singing in a church choir.
- The perfect moment, where your ‘soul’ will be if full force, may come in:
- Being actively involved in a church ministry or mission
- Being a Police Officer or School Teacher
- Being a Parent
- Being a Poet (like Maya Angelou who recently passed away)
- Being a prolific Christian blogger (smile).
- For a Christian, the acceptance of Jesus as their personal Savior is surely a soul-defining moment; see 5th Pillar (Right, Righteous Path) of Christian Assurance (prior post).
Greg Silverthorne, 66 Assurance Way