As noted in the 4th post of the Truth, Trust, and Triumph series:
Living with ‘exceeding joy’, a triumphant attitude will allow a faithful Christian to soar like an Eagle. When you fully accept Jesus as ‘the way, the truth, and the life’, fear and failures from ‘fainting’ will be fairly rare.
The 3 scriptures cited in that post serve as the starting point of this weekly (Thursday) Christian Worklife Series:
2 Timothy 1:6-7 (NKJV)
6 Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Isaiah 40:31 (NKJV)
But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.
Jude 1:20-21; Jude 1:24 (NLT)
20 But you, dear friends, must continue to build your lives on the foundation of your holy faith. And continue to pray as you are directed by the Holy Spirit. 21 Live in such a way that God’s love can bless you as you wait for the eternal life that our Lord Jesus Christ in his mercy is going to give you.
- What awareness is needed by a Christian?
- Awareness of Your Self
- Awareness of Your Situation
- Awareness of Your Spirituality
To be triumphant in all that you do, being keenly aware is relevant in a Christians Work and Personal endeavors. Abiding Christians surely shouldn’t cast aside their Bible-based values -3rd awareness cited above- for 40 hours a week. Put another way: Do you ‘wait on the Lord’ more than 2 hours on Sunday morning?
Upcoming this month in this Summer Worklife Series:
- Are You Standing Tall, or Just Sitting?
- Your Best: One Man’s Cliff is Another’s Curb
- His Best: The Cliff isn’t Yours, it’s the Lord’s
- Career Planning (for those destined to be ‘more than conquerors’)
- The Unemployment Dilemma in the US (up close and personal)
- Leadership and Management (A Christian perspective)
- Job Hunting (a Christ-based approach for Job Changers & Seekers . . . developed in the ministry I spearheaded 4 years ago)
- Managing your Career (for your next Triumph)
- Workplace Trends you Need to Know
To be continued next Thursday . . .
Grace, mercy, and peace.
Greg Silverthorne, 66 Assurance Way
Last modified June 7, 2014 7:09 am