Devotional (Part 2 of 2)
“Lord shine Your light, shine it this way
shine it so I can see which way to take.
My faith is in You, to bring me through”.
Photo Credit: – / flickrCC
- “Lighthouse”, New Direction (1999). Lines from the song are highlighted (in red) in this post (hearing audio of song sparked writing of this Devotional).
Psalm 119: 105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
Proverbs 3: 5-6 (Assurance of Guidance)
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
- “Let the light from the lighthouse, let it shine on me”.
Deuteronomy 7: 9
Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.
1 Thessalonians 5: 24
The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.
Let Him shine on you!
Ephesians 5: 8-10
For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord.
If you missed the first post of this two-post devotional, check it out (Part 1 post). A resident of NC since 2007, a photo of the Bodie Island lighthouse -built in 1872 on the Outer Banks of North Carolina- seemed fitting for this post.
- Do you have the faith to let the Lord ‘bring you through’ the storms you face? Reading the 11th Chapter of the Book of Hebrews reminds Christians what FAITH is all about. Being a beacon to his children, Old Testament scripture tells us (Psalm 136) that his ‘faithful love endures forever’. This enduring mercy underlies why the Lord serves as a Lighthouse for all abiding Christians. These two (2) Bible chapters, the 5 scriptures cited in this post, and the 3 scriptures cited in Part 1, offer ten (10) ‘points of assurance’.
- As you sail on the dark, sometimes turbulent waters of life, remember whose you are. Don’t despair, just look for his Lighthouse!
- Trust that ‘the light from the Lighthouse can shine, can shine on you’. Will you let the Lord’s holy light shine on you today, tomorrow, and forever? Let the light shine on you, shine on you, shine on you.
Grace, mercy, and peace to you.
Greg Silverthorne, 66 Assurance Way