- Spiritually-steadfast Shepherd
- Empathetic, Empowered Edifier
- Anointed Agent of the Almighty
- An assessment of a Pastor, on all three (3) of these ‘Pastor Pillars’, separates the Good, the Bad, and the Great ones.
- Kingdom building requires Good and Great Pastors & Ministers. See recent post (My Story: A Great Pastor I Know) for a full explanation of each Pillar. My Pastor, Rev. Dr. James A. Webster, a great Pastor, is celebrating 30 years at my church this weekend; he inspired me to create these 3 Pillars of Pastor Effectiveness.
- Put another way, the following three questions address the critical issues in assessing a Pastor:
- Who wants a spiritually-wobbly Shepherd wannabe? (Spiritually-steadfast Shepherd)
- Who wants a mean, unempowered man who isn’t capable of informing and inspiring his flock to be Christian disciples? (Empathetic, Empowered Edifier)
- Who wants a Pastor who is an unanointed man with a shaky relationship with the Lord? (Anointed Agent of the Almighty)