Brenda D. Webster
First Lady, Oak Ridge First Baptist Church (NC)
- A First Lady of ‘noble character‘ (Proverbs 31).
- This month marks the 30th anniversary of Pastor and First Lady Webster at my church. I profiled my great Pastor, her husband, on Monday (post).
- Her worship is ‘for real’. First Lady Brenda Webster lives ‘beyond the veil’ (2 Corinthians 3:18) as a true transformed Christian.
- She has one of the most anointed singing voices I’ve EVER heard; a fellow Gospel Choir member, she sings “Go Tell it on the Mountain” and “Move Upstairs” like no one else I know!
- A great First Lady, she is faith in action.
- Scripture tells us (Proverbs 31 NIV):
10 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
31 Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.