- Those who do what’s ‘good’, who ‘cast their cares’ on the Lord, and who walk on God’s uncrooked path (Proverbs 3:6), can be assured they’ll never ‘fall’. While they’ll slip or stumble, the spirit will step in and help those -who are on the right path- regain their balance . . . and continue walking!
- The words of David in the 37th Psalm eloquently set forth why all Christians should choose, and stay on, the Lord’s path of righteousness.
The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, And He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds him with His hand. I have been young, and now am old; Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, Nor his descendants begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lends; And his descendants are blessed. Depart from evil, and do good; And dwell forevermore. For the Lord loves justice, And does not forsake His saints; They are preserved forever, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off. The righteous shall inherit the land, And dwell in it forever. The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, And his tongue talks of justice. The law of his God is in his heart; None of his steps shall slide. (Psalm 37:23 – 31 NKJV).
The Way: Are You Ready?
- Two scriptures, from John and Micah, should help you answer this question.
- In the 6th Chapter of Micah, the Bible says:
He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God (Micah 6:8 NIV)
- In John 14:5-7, scripture tells us:
Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
“If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.” (NKJV)