I recently asked a profoundly spiritual man of God I know the following question: Which 3 scriptures he’d want to have with him if he were stranded on an island (for a month) before God rescued him?
If YOU are in a ‘storm’, the 3 scriptures he offered might help you – until your ‘morning joy’ arrives.
- He may not be there when you need him, but God is always ‘right on time’.
- Not now often means Not Yet. Remember Martin Luther King’s How Long, Not Long speech.
The Missionary Baptist minister answered my question with the following three scriptures:
- But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).
- The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. (Psalm 23:1).
- And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).
Greg Silverthorne, 66 Assurance Way