- Allows you to avoid ‘fainting’ during long walks.
- This mindset also allows you to successfully ‘tell your storms’ to cease.
I reflected on what I felt needed to be in this ninth Pillar for a while. I am providing all that I was moved to include – to help YOU and others be Spiritually-Encouraged Christians.
- Remember how to slay the Giants, external and internal (see prior post), you face in life! Encourage yourself in the Lord like David . . . and use a stone (or 2), if necessary . . . you’ve got five!
The following Biblical verses, I feel, capture what is needed to achieve and maintain this Attitude:
- And David was greatly distressed ; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved , every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God (1 Samuel 30:6 KJV).
- What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see (Hebrews 11:1 NLT).
- So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty (Zechariah 4:6 NIV)
- For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning (Psalm 30:5 KJV).
- 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal (2 Corinthians 4:16-18 NIV)
- 1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake (23rd Psalm:1-3 KJV).
- All SCRIPTURE found in this final Series post can be found on the 9th Pillar page.
Miss a post in this Series? Check out the 9 Pillars of Christian Assurance page.
- I will do an Overview of these 9 Pillars (in a few days); this post, however, concludes the January 2014 Series on the 9 Pillars of Your Christian Assurance.
Again, having an Encouraged Attitude allows you to successfully ‘tell your storms’ to cease. Who is your Storm-stopping Helper? Jesus! Is he bigger than all your Storms? Yes.
Grace, mercy, and peace to You.
Last updated: May 28, 2014.