Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 (NKJV)
What is the 8th Pillar about?
Displaying Christian Courage in the face of Giants, Lions, and Life’s inevitable Storms:
Being an ‘untimid’, strong Christian. God has given you a spirit of power, not of fear. Know that God’s got your back!
- Being concerned, not worried, when you encounter life’s ‘lions’.
Scripture for Christian Courage:
2 Timothy 1:7 (NLT)
PSALM 27: 5-6,13-14 (NLT)
Christian Courage begins with Christ
A mid-Fall post, Christian Courage Begins with Christ, was based on my belief in the importance of this Pillar. As I stated in that post:
- They know that their toughest battles are the Lord’s.
- They acknowledge, use, and share their God-given gifts.
- They know that even when they’re weak they can be strong in the Master’s Spirit!
- Miss the earlier posts in this Christian Assurance Series? Check out the 9 Pillar page.
- All the Scripture and Themes for the 8thPillar can be found on the Christian Courage Pillar page.
- The next post in this Series will explore being a Spiritually-Empowered Walker (Empowerment) (3rd Pillar).
I close with another 8th Pillar Bible verse:
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7 NLT).
To God be the Glory.