One of the big benefits of being a God-trusting Christian, is enjoying an Abundant, Perfectly Peaceful Life (6th Pillar). Are you Climbing with Christ? Life is full of mountains and valleys. Your relationship with the Lord allows you climb higher, better, and safer!
The themes for the Scripture for this 6th Pillar:
- Have Life, Have it MORE Abundantly
- Perfect Peace! (The scripture used as the lead for this post)
- ‘Doing Good’ Christians: Reaping the Harvest
- Answered Prayers: Ask, Seek, Knock
- Prayer of the Ephesians
See the 6th Pillar Page – for all the Scripture underlying this Pillar. I’ll touch on two of the themes below.
- Miss the earlier posts in Series? Check out the 9 Pillars of Christian Assurance page.
Having an Abundant Life
7 Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
Reaping the Harvest
And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart (Galatians 6:9 NKJV)
- As we climb mountains, as we endure long walks, as we survive storms, we’ll eventually ‘reap a harvest’ if we don’t give up and keep the faith. While usually in a different season, faithful Christians will reap in due time. Believe it’s already done!
- Minister Debra Aiken, in a Galatians 6:9 post entitled “Are You Weary in Well Doing?“, put it this way:
God gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak . . . Yes, life is full of all kinds of circumstances that could easily make us weary. Situations that can easily zap out the strength we need to get and keep going during the day. Yes, life can indeed cause us to get weary, but we are [exhorted in this scripture] to not get weary for there is a harvest coming to us in due season. Due season is God’s appointed time in our life.” [Emphasis added]
The last Series post (2nd Pillar) explored embracing God as a Sovereign Waymaker and Merciful Shepherd; ironically, John 10 scripture above supports Pillars 2 and 6. In this Abundant, Perfectly Peaceful Life post (6th Pillar) we covered a key benefit of faithful Christians. In the next post in this series, another key benefit will be explored: Being divinely shielded with ‘No Weapon Will Prosper’ Protection (7th Pillar).
Grace, mercy, and peace to YOU!