Welcome to 66 Assurance Way!
The many assurances provided to God-trusting, faithful Christians are richly described in the Holy Bible. Nonetheless, even the most Christ-abiding believers need to remain encouraged – during life’s long walks and faith-testing storms.
- While the spirituality of Christians is the main focus of this blog, worklife issues facing the faithful will also be addressed.
- Spiritual Empowerment is at the root of living a fruitful Christian life.
Who am I? I’m a mid-life Christian writer who enjoys sharing Encouraging Scripture, Music, & Insights with others. In 2010, I started writing for the Dare to Work Ministry’s online site; I launched the career ministry in 2009 at my church, Oak Ridge First Baptist Church. Last year, spiritually empowering and encouraging others -regardless of their career situation- rapidly rose as an area of keen interest. A financial professional with a M.B.A., my work life includes journalism, teaching, jazz programming, & entrepreneurship.
My church activities, beyond the Dare to Work Ministry (Founder/Team Leader), include the Gospel Choir and church newsletter. While outside my comfort zone, my involvement in this wonderful choir has played as much of a role in my Christian walk as my Dare to Work activities!
- Spiritual empowerment will, at times, mean you’re doing things that are unfamiliar or (initially) uncomfortable. Don’t always be discouraged by the discomfort felt in the first steps of a new endeavor.
Why start a blog today? The idea for this blog has been on my ‘radar’ for about 16 months. Today seemed the perfect day to launch it. Today marks the 5-year anniversary of my joining a great church with a great, humble man of God as it’s leader – Dr. Rev. James A. Webster.
- I intend to post here at least twice a week
- 66 Assurance Way (https://twitter.com/66AssuranceWay) has been on Twitter for nearly two months.
- Look for 66AssuranceWay.com next month!
Look for my next two posts on Wednesday and next Saturday.
Thanks for giving me a few moments of your time. To God be the Glory!
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
~ Hebrews 11:1 (NKJV)
Photo Credit: iStock (Header)
P.S. My photo is from my 30th Reunion at Brown University last May in Providence. As you can see, I have more faith than hair (smile). GS