On September 21, 2013, I published the first post for this blog – 4 years ago.. Why that day? That was the five-year anniversary of my joining the church I am now a member of in Central NC (Oak Ridge First Baptist Church, in the Greensboro NC metro area). I’ve published exactly 555 posts so far . . . and I feel like I have more to say and share. Smile.
Frankly, with the natural storms of the last month or so, along with the political and racial turmoil I feel this country has gone through since last November, I almost forget this blog’s anniversary!
- I’m been meditating on a blog entitled Grace and Race, which I will publish when I settle on the words that I feel are the best God will allow me to write and share.
- I will soon share another NC church sign I recently saw that says a lot in just a few words. My last post featured a wise Greensboro church sign: 7 Days Without Prayer Makes One Weak.
- A follow-up to the September 1st post “Jesus: He’ll Do It For You, Suddenly” is on the drawing board.
- I think you might enjoy a scripture that the Holy Spirit pointed me to yesterday, from a Wednesday evening Sermon my Pastor (Dr. Rev. James A. Webster) gave 8 days ago, entitled: “Step Aside and Watch God Work!”
Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.”
So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”. And he said, “Here I am.” Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.”
Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?” And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
Exodus 3:1-5,13-14 NKJV
- Thank you for all who follow this blog – or who have liked or commented on a post on 66 Assurance Way in the last 4 years. In the year ahead, be sure to ‘step aside and watch God work’. To God be the glory!
Greg Silverthorne, 9/21/2017
66 Assurance Way